Vaccinate

 


France-based Sierra Leonean rapper Mos-B has released a single titled ‘Vaccinate’. The track is available for streaming and download across major digital platforms.

‘Vaccinate’ is a follow up to his 2020 record ‘War Against Corona’. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js1epxDlr84
 It was written and produced by Mos-B with final productions by Panash of Shockwave Music in Zimbabwe and seeks to encourage people to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

“I encourage Africans and the rest of the world to vaccinate,” Mos-B told Music In Africa. “The inspiration came from a British friend behind the Spratley Charity Foundation and a call from a Sierra Leonean radio broadcaster who called me to suggest that I do a song encouraging Sierra Leoneans and Africans to vaccinate. The song style I chose this time is funk and there is a little touch of African sounds.” Durinf lockdown he also released a song titled "THE BELL OF FREEDOM"  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWe5II_dkY&list=OLAK5uy_mHY44PUmgMIrDbjJGHXJJKHpbCv3t-3go&index=2

Mos-B noted that he was unhappy with the rollout of vaccines in Africa. “I feel like Africans are not taking the vaccination too serious,” he said.

“In 2020 I released the coronavirus song because I knew Africans were in denial or did not believe it's real. After the release, BBC interviewed me and I received a lot of feedback from Africans thanking me for the brilliant message.” 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p086jx0p

Throughout his career, Mos-B has released successful singles such as ‘Traveller’, ‘Voices of the Wind’, ‘Bell of Freedom’ and ‘Back to My Roots and Culture’. He is also known for his 2018 album New Chapter.  




Popular posts from this blog

Morningblind - The Weight of the World

SLIDING DOORS - I believed

C4C - Folk-Hop