Abraham - Fight for the Family (We Gotta Fight)

 



I was born Anthony Abraham Williams to Abraham and Lucille Williams. Although I am the third son of Abraham Williams, I am his namesake as well as my grandfather’s. We are a legacy of Abrahams. I have never used my name Abraham prior to this current journey that I am experiencing. I have been in the music business for many years. My motto has been to never curse or use vulgarity in my lyrics. I went by several names: Master Tone, Rhythm Rappin’ Tone and Tony Roughhandz. But as Hip Hop has become more destructive to its listeners and rappers, I found myself drifting away from the music to the point of possibly quitting music all together. But the yearning to do music has never decreased and the passion has always existed. One night while asleep, I awakened about 3am, grabbed my phone and began typing words into my phone note app. Shortly thereafter, I fell back asleep and when I woke up later that morning my eyes popped open with surprise. For the first time in my life, I awoke and immediately wrote lyrics to a song. Somewhat unsure as to whether I had dreamt this, I looked at my phone, smiled and mouthed “yes”, for it was reality, I had written lyrics. Surprisingly however, the lyrics patterned a gospel-style genre. In hindsight, I thought about how I had begun reading the Bible more over the past 2 years, but it was not for the purpose of writing gospels songs. Nonetheless, this writing experience occurred for a consecutive period of 30 days. In 30 days, I had written 30 gospel songs. After conversing with my wife about the songs, she concluded that these songs were God-inspired gifts because they recited biblical scripture. I agreed wholeheartedly because the words were beyond my knowledge of the Bible. At that point, I knew unequivocally that God had an assignment for me. I just was unsure of what it was. Admittedly, there were many signs that God was trying to get my attention for some time. I realize now that there are detrimental consequences for not obeying God and I have suffered them. But those days are long gone, because I have decided to obey the call and voice of God. I now go by the name Abraham which is my birth name and God- given name. God’s Word by Abraham

Popular posts from this blog

Morningblind - The Weight of the World

SLIDING DOORS - I believed

C4C - Folk-Hop