The Perfumers - Help


The Perfumers - HELP

The opening fuzzy electric guitar, immediately took me back to the Ramones with its upbeat lively sound.

Very rapidly the vocals are introduced and completely change my original expectations of "Help." The change is skillfully executed, blending the two styles of 1970's punk rock and today's modern sounds seamlessly. 

The first time I listened to this track by The Perfumers, the lyrics seemed repetitive. However after several plays and a quick switch to my Bose Headphones, The repetitiveness became catchy and intriguing. It added greatly to my enjoyment of the song. 

The introductive vocals quickly crescends into a harmonic funky upbeat section of the track. The electronic sounds towards the end of the song add much to the uniqueness of "Help" 

Overall this song is very enjoyable, well executed and culminates in an unique individual way. 

One of my senior writers was so intrigued by the authenticity of the Americanised accents, he guessed that this band originated from the west coast of the United States. (And he usually gets it right) 

Definitely take a listen to this new track by The Perfumers.






Popular posts from this blog

Morningblind - The Weight of the World

SLIDING DOORS - I believed

C4C - Folk-Hop